We have 442 Checkatrade reviews with an average score of 9.93 out of 10
Carsons Flooring are specialist installers and renovators of wood flooring. We started 32 years ago in 1986 and have combined experience approaching 90 years.
We supply and install unique and extraordinary floors using materials chosen for optimal quality vs price; colours and finishes may be especially custom made to your requirements.
The work is carried out by fully employed fitters who are dedicated craftsmen delivering quality, service and value on time and on budget.
We aim to provide the best possible service at all times and at a reasonable cost throughout London and South East England.
We are constantly in pursuit of excellence in everything that we do. We really enjoy working with our customers in a friendly, enthusiastic and relaxed way. We always confidently look forward to positive outcomes.
We should be delighted to assist you with any wood flooring enquiry that you may have and welcome your initial call or email so please do go ahead and call or emails us now on 0208 786 8707 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our company, we hope to hear from you soon.
Courses TakenSite Preparation/Protection/Cleaning and Maintenance, Plank Installation/Nail/Floating and Glue-Down, Chevron and Herringbone Installation
We offer wood flooring services to clients in all sectors including:
– Residential & Domestic
– Shops, Offices & Commercial Premises
– Schools, Recreation Centres & Health Clubs
– Hotels, Restuarants & Cafes
The services that we offer include:
Free estimates and site surveys with good sense, experience based advice. Where there may be choices, we offer opinions and guidance to allow clients to make their own informed decision.
– Uplift and disposal of existing worn out or defective wood and other floor finish types such as carpets, vinyl’s, tiles and stone.
– Checking for damp in old subfloors. Testing and recording for acceptable levels of relative humidity in new sand cement screed / concrete subfloors using non invasive hygrometer box method according to British Standard.
– Installing new joists or battens or inspecting existing for deterioration such as woodworm or rot. Installing plywood or moisture resistant chipboard platforms. Patch and puddle repairs to concrete and sand cement screed, full area application of primers and self levelling screeds. Application of appropriate damp proof membranes.
– Supply and installation of all types of prefinished and unfinished solid wood, engineered wood and laminates.
– We offer a full staining and colour matching service
– Staircase cladding
– Solid strips, engineered planks
– We are parquet flooring installation specialists offering bespoke panel designs. We work in solid or engineered (herringbone, chevron, borders and inlays, basket weave etc)
– Installation by floating, fully bonding, nailing or screw fixing
Renovation Sanding and Sealing
– Sympathetic renovation of existing solid wood and engineered wood flooring including repairs. Supply of the most similar reclaimed timber available.
– Renovation of stairs
– Gap filling, adapting floors to new layouts, cutting in new matt wells, removing old fire place hearths and boarding over. fitting new beadings, skirtings and thresholds.
– Lightening, Whitening, Staining, finishing with oil, hard wax oil or waterborne polyurethane seal
Cleaning and Maintenance
– Bona deep clean service
– Scheduled maintenance programs
– Site inspections and investigations of problematic wood floors to establish the cause. This maybe one or a combination of, site conditions / environment, defective materials, incorrect specification or installation procedure related.
Once a cause has been established to offer the optimum remedy. In some cases this will be to fix the existing floor, in others it will be to replace it.
“I am extremely satisfied with the workmanship and level of service received from Carsons. Vlasti, Dean, Mike, Robert and Mariusz did a fantastic job for us, and I wouldn’t hesitate recommending them. We were unlucky to get a late delivery of our wooden floor (supplier’s fault) but the team managed in just two days (to include a Saturday!) to fit wooden flooring, beading and thresholds to three bedrooms – just in time for us to move in. Very very impressed. A very polite, approachable, professional and tidy team. Well done.”
“I’m a few months late posting this as we have had our new house completely renovated and have only just finally moved in. Not enough room to say how pleased we are! In our lounge and kitchen diner they removed all the old wood floors and skirting boards, removed subfloors and then had to re-level as there was a 3 inch difference in heights between the extension the previous people had done and original floor. We then had a new engineered oak floor fitted, doors adjusted and skirting put back on. It wasn’t an easy task as they also had uneven walls to contend with. Dean did a fabulous job.”
“I had the entire ground floor fitted with a wooden floor. Carsons provided a solution I was looking for and which another supplier claimed could not be achieved. The workmanship is first rate. Robert the fitter was very professional, always on time and very courteous at all times. Fantastic to see such a professional company getting on with the job as agreed and delivering to a high standard. Would not go anywhere else for floor fitting. Very pleased.”
“What an excellent job! Mariusz is a highly skilled craftsman with great attention to detail, who clearly takes pride in his job. He was a pleasure to have around the house – polite, cheerful and with a ‘can do’ attitude. He was very professional, prompt, tidy, and explained what he was doing throughout. We would thoroughly recommend Mariusz – he is a credit to his profession and worth his weight in gold. The floor looks absolutely amazing and has exceeded expectations! Thank you also to Ian for his time and patience in explaining our options when he came to survey our home. Great job!”
“Vlasti completed the work to our complete satisfaction after a difficult start. The wood delivered was the wrong colour and in consultation with us he obtained a supply of the correct colour wood. This involved him in 2 journeys to your supplier, at his suggestion. We are very appreciative of his problem solving skills, and of his good humour throughout. He is a quite exceptional workman.”
“I have used Carsons in 3 houses over the last 15 years and have no hesitation in recommending them. The works done to the highest standard, the fitters are always polite and punctual (special mention to Dean here) and any questions, however many are always answered fully. Great company to work with”
“Robert has done an excellent job, very professional and attention to details. Just want to say BIG thank you to Robert. Very pleased with the outcome. Will not hesitate to recommend this company.”
“Would definitely recommend Carsons Flooring. Very high standard of work and Dean was professional and cheerful at all times.”
“Vlasti was the gentleman who completed the work for me in the most efficient and tidy way. He was diligent and overcame every obstacle he came up against when laying the flooring. I appreciated his cheerful attitude and approach to his work. Vlasti is an excellent ambassador for his company.”
“I have exacting standards and Carsons Flooring met them at every stage: A prompt response to my enquiry, and a detailed survey and written quote, and most importantly excellent workmanship on a 120 year old battered floor now looking splendid thanks to the team and Dean.”
“I cannot speak highly enough of the work that Vlasti did. The best tradesman I have encountered bar none. Nothing was too much hassle and the quality of his work was first class.”
“An outstanding job of the repair and restoration of my original 1930 parquet flooring in lounge, dinning room, hall and WC. This is a highly professional and skilled firm. The attention to detail both in assessing the work required for the estimate and then the execution of the work was second to none. Highly recommend this firm if you want a top quality authentic restoration.”
“Huw and his installer were a pleasure to work with. They were happy to discuss the project in detail and agree any setting out issues, details, junctions etc together. They were incredibly tidy and did a wonderful job. I couldn’t recommend them more!”
“At every stage I had excellent friendly service and every problem was solved by quick phone consultation. The standard of the work could not have been better. I am thrilled. And the fitter finished ahead of schedule.”
“Really friendly team focused on getting great results.”
Visited 1317 times, 1 Visit today